Wi-Fi Network for Public Surveillance
With rising security and safety concerns amongst the authorities, industries and communities, the use of video surveillance systems becomes increasingly popular in public transportation, production plants, industrial/commercial/residential premises and public areas.
Video Surveillance over a wireless network provides a highly flexible way of monitoring outdoor areas such as campuses, parking areas, construction sites and industrial plants. Mobile broadband access allows in-field monitoring and distribution of live and recorded video to mobile users.
Mobotix offers smart video cameras that relay moving images to monitors and recording devices over Wi-Fi networks. The installation of these cameras using WiFi is much easier than traditional units because there’s no need to run wires between them. The video signals flow over a wireless LAN and into a video server or PC. As a result, a company can set up a Wi-Fi video surveillance system much faster and in scenarios where it’s not feasible to install traditional wired cameras.
System integrators and installers often encounter the following problems in deploying a video surveillance system.
• There is a cable length limit between the camera and the video server for signal reception, and this may pose deployment limitations in some site environments. The cable and the associated conduit cost could be a significant part of the total project cost. Long deployment time is another issue due to extensive conduit and cable construction work.
• Using High Definition cameras, the throughput requirement per camera can be as high as 5 Mbps for a 1.3 Mega pixels camera. The allowed bandwidth in coaxial cables is not enough to support a large number of high definition cameras.
• Relocation of surveillance cameras may be very difficult, if not impossible as it involves a lot of renovation work in re-wiring especially for connections between buildings.
The Altai Wireless Solution is a good alternative to solve the wiring problems of the video surveillance system. All IP cameras can be connected to a application server and video storage and control system wirelessly through PTP or PTMP backhaul links.
Altai´s A0s are used for PTP links supporting distances up to 5 km. Altai´s A3s are used for PTMP links supporting throughput up to 120 Mbps. Furthermore, Altai´s A8 and A3 (as CPE) can be used for mobile applications within a range of 1.8 km NLOS per base station. The Altai wireless solution supports higher throughput to the cameras and the built in QoS can provide traffic prioritization in case different types of traffic are running through the network.
The Altai Advantage
• Scalable network structure
• Easy WiFi camera deployment
• Access redundancy and seamless hand-off
• 180 Mbps high throughput, by using the A3 Smart WiFi AP/Repeater/Bridge,PTMP wireless connections up to 200 m are possible
• 5 km LOS, minimum site required, with the high performance A0 WiFi Bridge enabling PTP wireless connection up to 40 Mbps throughput.
• High network stability
• One network multiple services. Besides serving the transport/access network of the video surveillance system, the same network can be used to provide WiFi Internet access and other applications.
The ABP Team