Forum Now Requires Partner/Customer Account
We’ve made an important change to the way partners and customers can contribute to our forums. In order to post, you must login using your partner / customer account. It is no longer possible to use a separate forum account with a different email address and to post “anonymously”. The reasons are threefold:
- 1. To give priority to paying customers and partners.
- 2. To allow partners to identify new potential customers by focusing on “New users”. These are users that have signed up for a trial within the past 3 months.
- 3. Partners will have access to a dedicated partner forum. Not only will this forum be given special attention by our management, but we also want to foster a partner community which helps each other.
If you have an existing forum account
Partners and customers with an existing forum account have the following options:
- 1. Your 3CX license/subscription uses the same email as your forum account – You’re all set and don’t need to do anything. This forum account will be automatically linked to your license/subscription.
- 2. You don’t care about your old forum account – Just login to the forum with your customer/partner account you wish to be using. Your posts on your old forum account will remain visible but you will no longer be able to post under that username.
- 3. You used a different email account on the forum and want to retain the same forum account – If you want to retain your handle and post history, then you must “link” this forum account with your customer or partner account by creating an additional user for the customer or partner account. To do this:
- 1. Login to the customer portal.
- 2. Go to “Users” and Click “Add User”.
- 3. Enter the email address that you used when creating the forum account.
- 4. Confirm the email address. Once confirmed, the forum account will be linked to this license key.
- 4. Create a new customer account by obtaining a new free standard key – If you do not wish to post using the identity linked to your partner or customer account, you can of course obtain a new license. You would then link this new account to your old forum account or start posting afresh from this new account.
New forum levels
Along with this change we have also changed the forum/groups labels to better reflect the status of a user.
- Affiliates – Affiliate level status has been removed from the forum as it is now merged with “Customers” instead. Affiliate status is still valid in the partner portal. To remain an affiliate you must have made a purchase in 2020. Affiliates that did not purchase are downgraded to a Free Customer.
- New Customer – Are new to 3CX, having signed up within the previous 3 months.
- Free Customer – Have been using the free license for longer than 3 months.
- Trainee Partner (Formerly known as Academy Partner) – Resellers that have signed up as a 3CX partner but have not yet achieved this status.
We look forward to seeing you in the forums!
Source: Nick Digalakis, Community Manager, 3CX