Digium's Latest Version of Unified Communications Platform, Switchvox 7, Now Available!
Switchvox 7 is the next generation of software for your Unified Communication Business phone system.
Here are some highlights of the new platform:
- Expanded Switchvox Meet Me Conference functionality providing conference room administrators more transparency and additional tools for ensuring productive conference calls.
- A new Conference Widget for Switchboard and the D80 IP phone that gives users access to visual conference controls on their desktop or D80 phone screen.
- Music on Hold (MoH) can now be set for Meet Me conferences and simple conferences as well as parking lots, providing a more professional experience for your customers and staff.
- Calls will never be missed with the all new Call Pickup feature, available to all D Series IP phones. This feature allows inbound calls to another extension to be monitored and answered by an authorized user from their own IP phone.
- Updates to the Switchboard and administration GUI to display more useful system details.
The new Switchvox 7.0 takes full advantage of your server's 64-bit processor, which is great news for the performance of Switchvox. However, this means that upgradig to Switchvox version 7.0 requires some extra steps. In the past, updating to a new version was done from Switchvox's Updates page, using the Download and Apply tools. The migration to version 7.0 requires a full install of version 7.0, a multi-step process.
Switchvox 7.0 has been tested, confirmed to be fully supported and meets published performance/specification levels on supported Switchvox appliances.
Full instructions can be found at https://support.digium.com/switchvox-7